The IEC 62474 data exchange format, including XML schema and developer’s table (DT) are being updated based on the requirements specified in the updated ED2 standard. Several new features have also been requested, including:
- Flag to indicate that the declaration is a full material declaration
- Safe use information, identifying a safe use condition from a list or a separate statement
- A tag to identify declarable substance groups associated with a substance in a composition declaration
- Identification of standardized or industry specified query lists
- Attachments at Material and Product Part levels
The revised format has been approved, including all of the proposed new features. A final review and adjustments are being made. The revised data exchange format will be published around mid-March.