The IEC 62474 DSL and RSL were updated on January 16, 2020 to version D19.00. The update included edits to a few existing DSL entries and the addition of two new entries corresponding to two of the four substances (relevant to EEE) that ECHA added to the REACH Candidate List substances on same day.
Changes to Existing DSL Entries
- The previous declarable substance group “Disodium tetraborates” was modified to “Disodium tetraborate, anhydrous” to align with the REACH Candidate List designation by separating out “Tetraboron disodium heptaoxide, hydrate” as a new declarable substance entry (ID=00163)
- Notes were added to DSL entries 00138, 00144, 00145, and 00148 to indicate that these substances are polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)
- A note was added to entry 00046 (Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) and specific substitutes” to clarify that an EU REACH Regulation Annex XVII entry applies to one or more reference substances in this Declarable Substance Group.
- Updates that had been made by ECHA to CAS numbers were also made to DSL entries: 00144, 00145, 00157, 00159.
- Two of the four SVHCs that were added to the REACH Candidate List by ECHA on January 16, 2020 were added to the DSL: “Perfluorobutane sulfonic acid (PFBS) and its salts” and “Diisohexyl phthalate”. The other two Candidate List entries were screened and are not added. Four reference substances were added to the RSL for PFBS.
The updated DSL version is D19.00. The new and modified entries have a last revised date of 2020-01-16.
If anyone is aware of errors or omissions in the database (e.g. a regulated substance that is not included in the DSL but has potential EEE applications) or a regulatory reference that is out of date, please send an email to ECD Compliance and we will raise the issue with the IEC 62474 validation team.
For further support on IEC 62474 or your substance management program, please contact ECD Compliance.