On February 26, 2021, the European Commission published an omnibus regulatory update ((EU) 2021/341) that impacts several EU ecodesign implementing measures. The updates are intended to clarify certain technical aspects and in some cases provide verification requirements for enforcement. Although the changes are intended to be minor clarifications (from the Commission’s perspective), some manufacturers have indicated that certain changes are significant new technical requirements (from their perspective).
It amends ecodesign regulations: Regulations (EU) 2019/424, (EU) 2019/1781, (EU) 2019/2019, (EU) 2019/2020, (EU) 2019/2021, (EU) 2019/2022, (EU) 2019/2023 and (EU) 2019/2024, covering a broad range of products:
- servers and data storage products,
- electric motors and variable speed drives,
- refrigerating appliances,
- light sources and separate control gears,
- electronic displays,
- household dishwashers,
- household washing machines and household washer-dryers and
- refrigerating appliances with a direct sales function.